Sunday, August 28, 2016

Bicrobrew 2016

Another week, another ride. This week I participated in Bicrobrew 2016, another Trailnet sponsored ride. The agenda was very aggressive, ten breweries in about five hours with no more than 20-25 minutes per brewery, That meant only five minutes to ride between stops. That would work, except it took the team I was assigned to a lot more than five minutes to ride over four miles to our first stop on the circuit.

Earthbound Beer was a small brewery nestled between two buildings and sat about 30. We had 20 in our group. The beer was good, but it took a lot more than 25 minutes to get us all in, served and time to consume. The next stop was about an eight minute ride.

Civil Life Brewery was a lot bigger and had food, so we all stopped here for a lunch break as well. A lot bigger with a second floor loft area, dart boards, and an outdoor seating area. The beers were excellent, but it is cash only here.

The next stop was supposed to be Urban Chestnut Tower Grove, The team easily acquiesced to my request that we skip it and move on to Modern Brewery since I did have a time constraint and we were also going to stop at Urban Chestnut Midtown. So on to Modern (riding right past Urban Chestnut Tower Grove).

Modern Brewery does not have signage rights along Manchester, so they park a pickup truck with their logo on the door at the end of the entrance to the parking lot. We all missed it and had to do a u-turn. Modern Brewery opened just for this event. Normally they open at 4:00 pm on Saturday. The brews there like all the others were unique. I loved the rye cask aged ale. We were there for 25 minutes and another team joined us, so we moved on to Urban Chestnut Midtown.

The trip to Urban Chestnut took us past the St Louis Science Center, through a corner of Forest Park and past Barnes Jewish Hospital. We also went through part of the campus of St Louis University. The last hill was too much for me and I walked it. Once at the top is was downhill almost all the way to Urbane Chestnut. I spent a few minutes there and then broke off from the group to head back down Washington Ave. to my car.

George Nelson just emailed a thanks, apparently the group stopped at Morgan Street and the Four Hands Brewery before heading back to Alpha Brewery.

I had a surprise when I got back to my car. My keys were not in my pocket....they were in the ignition and it was on accessory. I remembered putting them in there to put up an open window and got distracted by another rider. OnStar could not open the doors since there was no juice in the battery.
So they dispatched someone to open the door and give me a jump. I got home an hour later than planned, but still with enough time to get to my evening event.

Here is a link to a 12 minute set of arrival scenes for the Bicrobrew.....Bicrobrew 2016 - Short Video


Next week it is the Giro Della Montagna Bicycle Ride. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment